Tuesday, January 31, 2012

168. In the Court of the Crimson King

In the Court of the Crimson King
King Crimson
1969

Tracks
1. 21st Century Schizoid Man
2. I Talk To The Wind
3. Epitaph
4. Moonchild
5. In The Court Of The Crimson King



So I guess I can stop writing "Amanda" before my posts because I am pretty sure Brie has given up on this blog.  She really doesn't like the albums in this book.  I, of course, don't want her to continue the journey if she is not having a good time.  Even though I agree that some of albums have been really just the worst, I still have enjoyed the ride.  Maybe she will come on as a guest speaker or something!

Anyway, I was all ready to hate these guys because it looked like it was going to be obnoxious.  This just goes to show that you can't judge an album by its creepy cover.  This album was actually really nice and calming.  It had some cool flutes in it and some laid back melodies.  Isn't that a shock?  I was expecting intense psychedelia.  The 60s continue to surprise me...


RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. The opening track is wild, you never know where the music is going next. Every aspect of this album is so well done, yet for me the drumming frequently steals the show. Even on a quieter song like "I Talk to the Wind" there's the jazzy drumming with weird timing. The ten minute instrumental on "Moonchild" was a bad idea, still overall a great album.

    ReplyDelete