Monday, January 23, 2012

136. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Neil Young
1969


Tracks
1. Cinnamon Girl
2. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
3. Round And Round
4. Down By The River
5. Losing End (When You're On) 
6. Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets)
7. Cowgirl In The Sand



Amanda: 1969, everybody!  The last year of the memorable sixties.  I am getting kind of nostalgic!

To be honest, I really didn't feel like listening to Neil Young.  In fact, all I really want to do is curl up in bed and watch The Deer Hunter.  But I persevered and I am glad I did.  This is really a light and easy album.  The tracks are about five minutes each but it is rarely tiring.  Neil has a really good voice and the songs are deep without trying too hard. Hello, 1969!


RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Agreed he does write consistently good songs. But for me "Down by the River" is the reason to hear this, one of Neil Young's best recordings. And the rest is pretty good. Going through these albums has led me to crave something more than electric guitars, bass and drums, but they make it work. I prefer Young's albums with Crazy Horse, generally. They would develop a heavier sound later, more to my liking.

    ReplyDelete