Thursday, January 26, 2012

164. Elephant Mountain

Elephant Mountain
Youngbloods
1969

Tracks
1. Darkness Darkness 
2. Smug 
3. On Sir Francis Drake 
4. Sunlight 
5. Double Sunlight
6. Beautiful 
7. Turn It Over
8. Rain Song (Don't Let The Rain Bring You Down) 
9. Trillium 
10. Quicksand 
11. Black Mountain Breakdown 
12. Sham 
13. Ride The Wind



Amanda: So I am getting pretty tired but I still have to write about this utterly forgettable album.  This was a weird one, some of the tracks were only 15 seconds.  Honestly, I only listened to this a couple hours ago and I can't remember the tunes to any of the songs.  It tried to be folksy but failed.  Sorry I don't have more to say about it but I am exhausted.  I have a feeling I am not disappointing to many Youngbloods fans because there probably aren't any.

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I like the country-rock meets psychedelic guitar on "Darkness, Darkness", and "Beautiful" is a nice tune. I didn't find anything very special about the rest. It's an enjoyable listen, though. I wouldn't call it essential.

    ReplyDelete