Friday, January 20, 2012

130. Scott 2

Scott 2
Scott Walker
1968

Tracks
1. Jackie
2. Best Of Both Worlds
3. Black Sheep Boy
4. Amourous Humphrey Plugg
5. Next
6. Girls From The Streets
7. Plastic Palace People
8. Wait Until Dark
9. Girls And The Dogs
10. Windows Of The World
11. Bridge
12. Come Next Spring



Amanda: I have to admit that I was pretty nervous to listen to this album.  I did some research and everyone kept comparing it to Jacques Brel.  I wasn't much of fan of Brel.  However, this album was phenomenal.  Walker had one of the best male voices I have ever heard!  His songs were fun and dirty.  He covered several Brel songs but in a very different, enjoyable way.  I wish I had more time to rave but there is work to be done!  LISTEN TO IT!

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. I preferred Walker's own songs: "The Amorous Humphrey Plugg" and "Plastic Palace People". On the rest I found the arrangements uninteresting or annoying with the heavy-handed orchestrations. And the Brel covers too theatrical or camp, except for "Jackie" which I liked. Too many dull songs, especially on side 2. They still have his great voice but it wasn't enough to keep me interested.

    ReplyDelete