Wednesday, January 18, 2012

118. Vincebus Eruptum

Vincebus Eruptum
Blue Cheer
1968

Tracks
1. Summertime Blues
2. Rock Me Baby
3. Doctor Please
4. Out Of Focus
5. Parchment Farm
6. Second Time Around



Amanda: This album was the birth of heavy metal.  I, for one, was not exactly looking forward to this day; I have never been into that kind of music.  However, I do appreciate how awesome these guys were.  The first time they recorded one of their songs, the blew out the soundboard (they could give Joan Baez a run for her money).  They were extremely loud and crazy; they never held back.  Most of the tracks are instrumental but "Summertime Blues" was actually really catchy.


Overall, I liked them as much as I could like a heavy metal band.

RATING: 4/5



P.S.  I watched Shutter Island last night and it was amazing!!!

1 comment:

  1. I consider this music essentially a novelty. It's outrageously loud and crude but has little redeeming quality, as things like good singing, playing and songwriting are mostly absent. I liked only "Out of Focus" and parts of "Parchment Farm".

    ReplyDelete