Tuesday, January 24, 2012

139. Crosby, Stills, and Nash

Crosby, Stills, and Nash
Crosby, Stills, and Nash
1969

Tracks
1. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
2. Marrakesh Express
3. Guinnevere 
4. You Don’t Have To Cry
5. Pre-Road Downs
6. Wooden Ships
7. Lady Of The Island
8. Helplessly Hoping
9. Long Time Gone
10. 49 Bye-Byes



Amanda: This album got a lot of hype so my expectations were pretty high.  These guys did not disappoint.  The songs are extremely catchy; I felt like George Constanza after he heard that song from Les Miserables.  Each of one of these guys voices is rhythmic and soothing.  You can  tell that individually, these guy are just as great; in other words, they are not just one big male harmony unit.  "Marrakesh Express" may be one of my favorite songs so far in this journey.  Simply lovely.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Here we have two of the greatest songwriters ever reaching their peak. And Nash's songs are good too. I don't know when I've heard a better set of songs. I liked the jazzy guitar and production on "Wooden Ships" best track for me. The harmonies while beautiful can also be a bit much at times, as on "Helplessly Hoping". But still a wonderful album.

    ReplyDelete