Thursday, January 19, 2012

124. S.F. Sorrow

S.F. Sorrow
The Pretty Things
1968

Tracks
1. SF Sorrow Is Born
2. Bracelets Of Fingers
3. She Says Good Morning
4. Private Sorrow
5. Balloon Burning
6. Death
7. Baron Saturday
8. Journey
9. I See You
10. Well Of Destiny
11. Trust
12. Old Man Going
13. Loneliest Person



Amanda: I was a bad girl again yesterday and didn't post an album, mostly because I was too lazy even to blink last night.  But today, I gave The Pretty Things all the attention they deserved!


I think I mentioned this at the very beginning of our journey but I will say it again anyway.  I have always been more into books or movies than music.  I feel like this album was especially designed for me, because it not only has a coherent story line, but it also felt like a movie soundtrack!  This probably means that it will annoy all you music people out there because it isn't really innovative or impressive.  This made me want to watch Jesus Christ Superstar again...

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. The lyrics are too cryptic for me to relate to this as a rock opera, but I'll take their word for it. Thankfully the music is solid. Some of it sounds like The Beatles and maybe also inspiration for Britpop, e.g. "Baron Saturday" and "Trust".

    ReplyDelete