Friday, October 30, 2020

My Coda

 It felt like I should have a separate conclusion post, rather than dumping everything into the White Stripes review. Meg and Jack White deserve our full attention, after all.

I have been working on this project for nine years. I actually started it with a friend of mine, and we would both write our thoughts on the albums in each post (hence the "we" part of "wegottherhythm"). She's probably forgotten all about it by now. However, Brie, if this project ever crosses your mind, and you happen to check in here, I want you to know that I am sorry our friendship ended. I hope you are happy and healthy, and I would always love to hear from you.

2020 has been a difficult year, to put it mildly. When everything was shutting down in March, I decided that I wasn't going to waste this time I was given, even if I was stuck in my apartment. I chose to fill my days and nights with music, and accomplish a task I set out to complete all those years ago.  This enabled me to dance through my feelings of loneliness and helplessness, and hear those same feelings expressed in beautiful ways. I am grateful to every artist on this List (yes even the metal bands) for giving me that gift.

Of course, not everybody has cheered me on along the way. That's okay. This blog was always meant to be more of a diary than a forum for discussion. I've created a personal reference guide, and have labeled all post by rating, so I'll always be able to revisit and rediscover favorites. The negative feedback is just noise, and this List has taught me to tune out bad music.

Thank you to everybody has followed my journey. I won't be making any more updates, but I'll keep the blog up and check in with comments. I love to hear from you, and I would love to read about your other passion projects.

Oh, and if you enjoyed witnessing my obsession with this List, you might want to check out my 1001 book blog and my 1001 movie blog

With love,

Amanda


2 comments:

  1. There's also the Rolling Stone 500 from 2003 and 2012, that's a pretty good list. No one should die without hearing some Chuck Berry.

    ReplyDelete