Wednesday, January 25, 2012

146. In a Silent Way

In a Silent Way
Miles Davis
1969

Tracks
1. Shhh/Peaceful
2. In A Silent Way/It's About That Time



Amanda: Jazz, once again.  I feel like the European monarchs whenever Napoleon returned.  Thankfully, this album was actually really enjoyable.  It was a really soft and smooth.  I think only a couple of instruments were used.  I don't have too much more to say about this album except that it was a nice reminder of the 50s. So listen to it; it is only two tracks!


RATING: 3/5



1 comment:

  1. I like the first side especially, it has a hypnotic quality. Then side 2 is also good in a more soothing and tranquil way. It starts to swing half way through when the sax and then trumpet kick in - but only for a few minutes. I wish more of the album could have been like that, they spend too much time being "Silent".

    ReplyDelete