Wednesday, January 25, 2012

143. Green River

Green River
Creedence Clearwater Revival
1969

Tracks
1. Green River
2. Commotion 
3. Tombstone Shadow
4. Wrote a Song for Everyone
5. Bad Moon Rising
6. Lodi 
7. Cross-Tie Walker 
8. Sinister Purpose 
9. Night Time Is the Right Time 



Amanda: I just got back from a trip to my sister's new apartment.  I spent the entire five hour drive rocking out to music from the albums, including "These Days", "Marrakesh Express", and "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da".  Anyway, I could do with some easy listening so I was excited that today was CCR day!



This album is a virtual carbon copy of "Bayou Country" though I did enjoy the songs more, much to my chagrin since I just updated my iPhone.  They have a bluesy, American sound that is really catchy.  Check it out!

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I like CCR but not this album so much. It has some good songs, but I find their sound relatively unexciting on this one. I only really liked "Tombstone Shadow". They would get into some much more interesting sounds on their next album, Willy and the Poor Boys. It blows this away but somehow isn't in the book.

    ReplyDelete