Wednesday, January 11, 2012

100. Are You Experienced

Are You Experienced
Jimi Hendrix
1967

Tracks
1. Foxy Lady
2. Manic Depression
3. Red House
4. Can You See Me
5. Love Or Confusion
6. I Don't Live Today
7. May This Be Love
8. Fire
9. Third Stone From The Sun
10. Remember
11. Are You Experienced



Amanda: Wow.  100.  I cannot believe I have done 100 music reviews.  Me, the girl who could not name a single Pink Floyd song and liked The Beatles purely for the song "Help!".  I thought Nico was strictly a guy's name and thought Billie Holiday and Buddy Holly were the same person.  I have learned a lot but there is still a long journey ahead.  So to answer your question, Jimi, I am experienced but I still have so much to learn.

So, onward with the task!  Jimi Hendrix.  Everyone has heard of ole Jimi, myself (surprisingly) included.  Right next to the article on this album in our book is a picture of Jimi with two topless ladies.  There is no explanation provided so I have no idea what that has to do with anything.  Anyway, the lyrics seem to be a minor part of the songs, with the major part being the electric guitar.  After awhile, the guitar playing got old and I wanted it to be over.  Not bad, though.



RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun album to listen to for the amazing musicianship. I like how the drummer is able to drive the song and also take the music into other places at the same time, often in a jazzy way. Mitch Mitchell is listed as top ten all time drummer on Rolling Stone. The B-side bonus tracks are also very good.

    ReplyDelete