Monday, January 23, 2012

134. The Beatles/The White Album

The Beatles/The White Album
The Beatles
1968

Tracks
1. Back In The U.S.S.R.
2. Dear Prudence
3. Glass Onion
4. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
5. Wild Honey Pie
6. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
7. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
8. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
9. Martha My Dear
10. Im So Tired
11. Blackbird
12. Piggies
13. Rocky Raccoon
14. Don't Pass Me By
15. Why Don't We Do It In The Road
16. I Will
17. Julia
18. Birthday
19. Yer Blues
20. Mother Nature's Son
21. Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me & My Monkey
22. Sexy Sadie
23. Helter Skelter
24. Long Long Long
25. Revolution 1
26. Honey Pie
27. Savoy Truffle
28. Cry Baby Cry
29. Revolution 9
30. Good Night



Amanda: Oh, how I have missed you, boys.  We only have one more Beatles album after this.  We have to stay strong.  Anyway, by the time this album came out, the Beatles were pretty much breaking up.  I actually think this is one of the album's strengths.  Ringo, Paul, George, and John all stand out as different personalities during this album.  The album is pretty long; I had Ella Fitzgerald flashbacks.  It is entirely worth it, though.  I must admit that "Revolution 9" got on my nerves; it sounded like it would be playing in the background of a nightmare sequence.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. To me they don't sound like a cohesive band, the seamless playing isn't there compared to their other albums. In particular the drumming is kind of boring. Nevertheless the songs are good and at times brilliant, and the horn/string arrangements are bold. It's a good listen, just not one of my favorites. Harrison's songs interest me a lot so I'm glad it's a double album.

    ReplyDelete