Wednesday, January 25, 2012

147. Odessa

Odessa
The Bee Gees
1969

Tracks
1. Odessa
2. You'll Never See My Face Again
3. Black Diamond
4. Marley Purt Drive 
5. Edison
6. Melody Fair 
7. Suddenly
8. Whisper Whisper
9. Lamplight 
10. Sound Of Love
11. Give Your Best
12. Seven Seas Symphony
13. I Laugh In Your Face
14. Never Say Never Again 
15. First Of May
16. British Opera



Amanda: The Bee Gees sounded so vaguely familiar that it was driving me nuts.  So I did some research and apparently they did the soundtrack for Saturday Night Fever.  Of course, when I recognize a band it is from a movie.


I didn't like it.  Come to think of it, I didn't like the movie either.  Anyway, the album was loosely based on the tragic story of Odessa but then had totally random songs that had nothing to do with the story.  They sounded all over the place.  Just...meh.


RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. String arrangements are a major feature on this album. They can be heavy-handed, but enhance the songs. The songwriting is very good, with fine singing and vocal harmonies. And they manage to touch on a few genres besides the main baroque pop, including some country. The title track is really adventurous. The lyrics aren't the greatest, and the instrumentals are junk, but those aside, I like it.

    ReplyDelete