Wednesday, January 25, 2012

149. Let It Bleed

Let It Bleed
Rolling Stones
1969

Tracks
1. Gimme Shelter
2. Love In Vain
3. Country Honk
4. Live With Me
5. Let It Bleed
6. Midnight Rambler
7. You Got The Silver
8. Monkey Man
9. You Can’t Always Get What You Want



Amanda: So way back when, Brie and I reviewed another Rolling Stones album and were underwhelmed.  Now, this album is supposed to be the greatest thing the Stones ever came with, but I still found myself not enjoying it.  The last song on the album has been so overplayed by now that I am frankly sick of it.  Of course, I shouldn't judge the album for this but it still got on my nerves.  "Let It Bleed" was obnoxious to me as well.  I will take the Beatles any day.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. About half the album contains what I would call blues, and I find it vastly more enjoyable than the blues on their previous albums. Especially "Love in Vain". The only thing I didn't care for is "Country Honk" not nearly as good as the single version. The album is very well produced, you get a good portion of interesting sounds in addition to great guitar. And their best set of songs.

    ReplyDelete