Wednesday, January 25, 2012

152. From Elvis in Memphis

From Elvis in Memphis
Elvis Presley
1969

Tracks
1. Wearin' That Loved On Look
2. Only The Strong Survive 
3. I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)
4. Long Black Limousine
5. It Keeps Right On Hurtin'
6. I'm Movin' On
7. Power Of My Love 
8. Gentle On My Mind
9. After Loving You 
10. True Love Travels On A Gravel Road 
11. Any Day Now
12. In The Ghetto



Amanda: Elvis is back everyone!  Did you expect to see him again?  I sure didn't.  This album came out after a series of...interesting movies.  Brie, did you ever see any these movies?  I can tell you, they are just awful.  Not Jim Carrey movies awful but still pretty bad.


Anyway, like I said in previous posts, I have been trained to like Elvis from an early age, so I always love listening to his songs.  "Only the Strong Survive" was actually pretty good.  Not the best album ever, but not awful.


RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Well this is more like it. Elvis really does sound like he's in Memphis. This is a fine album, though of course he had a lot of help. But he brought together excellent players and backup singers, and a very good set of songs. And it's a great singing performance. Though they used the word "ghetto" too many times on that song.

    ReplyDelete