Thursday, January 12, 2012

102. Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)

Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)
Loretta Lynn
1967

Tracks
1 Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)
2 I Really Don't Want to Know
3 Tommorow Never Comes
4 There Goes My Everything
5 The Shoe Goes on the Other Foot Tonight
6 Saint to Sinner
7 The Devil Gets His Dues
8 I Can't Keep Away from You
9 I'm Living in Two Worlds
10 Get What 'Cha Got and Go
11 Making Plans
12 I Got Caught



Amanda: I just flew in from Chicago and boy are my arms tired!  But seriously folks...


As you may or may not have figured out, I am a bit discombobulated after my voyages.  I really didn't feel like doing this, but I already skipped two days so I decided to go for it.  Aren't you glad I decided to write this fantastic review?


Another country album which should please no one.  Lynn's voice got on my nerves and the music was mediocre.


RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. Interesting throughout for her singing, though the slower songs can sound formulaic or samey. I liked the uptempo ones better, e.g. "Get What 'Cha Got and Go" and "I Got Caught" both by Loretta Lynn. It would be nice to hear more songs from her and fewer covers.

    ReplyDelete