Thursday, January 12, 2012

101. I Had Too Much to Dream

I Had Too Much to Dream
The Electric Prunes
1967

Tracks
1. I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)
2. Bangles
3. Onie
4. Are You Lovin' Me More (But Enjoy It Less)
5. Train For Tomorrow
6. Sold To The Highest Bidder 
7. Get Me To The World On Time 
8. About A Quarter To Nine 
9. King Is In The Counting House 
10. Luvin' 
11. Try Me On For Size 
12. Toonerville Trolley


Amanda: 101!  Another landmark!  We only have 900 to go, nonexistent readers!


So The Electric Prunes.  Never heard of them.  This should surprise no one if you read my previous posts.  However, I don't think they were ever that popular; they seem to fade out of existence at the end of the 60s.  This was a pretty good album.  The Electric Prunes have a very specific sound that embodies the era.  The lead vocals are really spectacular.  Towards the end, though, I got tired of it because of its lack of variation.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. The Electric Prunes did interesting things with the songs, even if they weren't all stellar. "Are You Lovin' Me More" sounds like it might have influenced The Go-Go's sound and maybe The B-52's too.

    ReplyDelete