Monday, January 23, 2012

133. Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
The Byrds
1968

Tracks
1. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
2. I Am A Pilgrim
3. Christian Life
4. You Don't Miss Your Water
5. You're Still On My Mind
6. Pretty Boy Floyd
7. Hickory Wind
8. One Hundred Years From Now
9. Blue Canadian Rockies
10. Life In Prison
11. Nothing Was Delivered



Amanda: The last Byrds album.  I will miss these guys.  But why are they always trying to reinvent themselves?  They are really all over the place.  I liked them the way there were in their first album.  Now they have moved on to country rock.  Blech.  This album was really honky tonky which, in my opinion, is revolting.  I had horrific Louvin Brothers flashbacks.   Overall, it was the worst album that they made and I am sorry to see them go out like this.  Oh well, let's remember the good times.

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. The two remaining Byrds found some great country musicians to make an album with. They combined the best elements of country and folk-rock, it's rich with interesting sounds and very enjoyable. "One Hundred Years From Now" in particular is a perfect hybrid. McGuinn-based harmonies were a good call for that song, as well as "You Don't Miss Your Water" replacing Parsons' vocals as first recorded.

    ReplyDelete