Wednesday, January 25, 2012

153. The Velvet Underground

The Velvet Underground
The Velvet Underground
1969

Tracks
1. Candy Says
2. What Goes On
3. Some Kinda Love
4. Pale Blue Eyes
5. Jesus
6. Beginning To See The Light
7. I'm Set Free
8. Story Of My Life
9. The Murder Mystery
10. After Hours



Amanda: For some reason, I had a really hard time getting myself to listen to this album.  It took me five days to finally put it on.  I have no idea why; I really like The Velvet Underground.  Anyway, now that I finally listened to it, I love it.  They have a really nice, soft sound in this album and the band has really not gotten worse over the years.  The only track that I really hated was "The Murder Mystery".  It reminded me of "Revolution 9" from the White Album.  Besides my obvious disdain for copycats, I hated "Revolution 9" as well.  Exclude that track, and it is a really good album.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Great songs by Lou Reed, but soft and gentle isn't my favorite sound from the Velvets. Not that there's anything wrong with this, but I would much prefer Loaded - another questionable omission from the book. "The Murder Mystery" is the edgiest thing on here, I'm glad they included one such track.
    Standout track: "What Goes On"

    ReplyDelete