Wednesday, January 18, 2012

117. Lady Soul

Lady Soul
Aretha Franklin
1968

Tracks
1. Chain Of Fools
2. Money Won't Change You
3. People Get Ready
4. Niki Hoeky
5. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
6. Since You've Been Gone (Sweet Sweet Baby)
7. Good To Me As I Am To You
8. Come Back Baby
9. Groovin'
10. Ain't No Way



Amanda: I listened to this album in between obsessive listenings to the song "Countdown" by Beyonce.  I am completely obsessed.


Anyway, this was a great album and we all knew it would be.  I like the song "Natural Women" a lot more than "Respect" so that was a pleasant surprise.  Franklin has really hit her stride with this album, and she deserves her title.  I didn't think the songs were as motivating as her previous album, but they still clearly had her imprint and were enjoyable.  Really, I am surprised that I was able to stop listening to "Countdown" for a second to do this (it is on in the background now).  Why can't I dance like Beyonce???


RATING: 4/5


Here is the link to obsession.  Someone help me!!!



1 comment:

  1. I prefer Aretha's own songs: "Since you've been gone" and "Good to me as I am to you" (Eric Clapton plays great) on side 2. Followed by "Come Back Baby". "Chain of Fools" best on side 1. The rest is good too, just didn't blow me away like her previous album.

    ReplyDelete