Wednesday, January 25, 2012

151. Dusty in Memphis

Dusty in Memphis
Dusty Springfield
1969

Tracks
1. Just A Little Lovin'
2. So Much Love
3. Son Of A Preacher Man
4. I Don't Want To Hear It Anymore
5. Don't Forget About Me
6. Breakfast In Bed
7. Just One Smile
8. The Windmills Of Your Mind
9. In The Land Of Make Believe
10. No Easy Way Down
11. I Can't Make It Alone



Amanda: So apparently many a hissy fit was thrown during the making of the album.  For this reason I didn't think I would like it because if there were that many disagreements between Dusty and the studios, there were probably major issues.  I really enjoyed it though.  I forget how unique and comforting Dusty's voice was.  "Son of A Preacher Man" was actually featured in a great movie, Pulp Fiction.


I am having a long and frustrating day but this was certainly a bright spot.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Only on three or four tracks does Dusty sound like she's in Memphis. But those are great tracks. The rest is hit and miss. The string arrangements are over-bearing and tacky at times, but there are a lot of good songs and her singing is really interesting (though not such a strong voice at this point). It's about half a great album.

    ReplyDelete