Wednesday, January 18, 2012

120. Cheap Thrills

Cheap Thrills
Big Brother and The Holding Company
1968

Tracks
1. Combination Of The Two
2. I Need A Man To Love
3. Summertime
4. Piece Of My Heart
5. Turtle Blues
6. Oh Sweet Mary
7. Ball And Chain



Amanda: Blah.  I haven't really hated any of the albums lately but this one was awful.  I hate Janis Joplin's voice and personality.  This may seem like an outrageous opinion but I think if you have a bad voice, you shouldn't be a singer.  Her grating voice is only matched with the obnoxious guitar in the background.  She sounds a lot like Bonnie Tyler.  I am all for unique voices but at a certain point, people cross the line from different to pure awfulness.  Yikes.


RATING: 1/5



1 comment:

  1. I like hearing Janis in a band before she became a huge star. They support her well, you can tell they had played a lot together. I find her fascinating. "Ball and Chain" is said to be the only real live track, but who knows. For Janis live there's YouTube.

    ReplyDelete