Tuesday, January 17, 2012

116. Eli and The 13th Confession

Eli and The 13th Confession
Laura Nyro
1968

Tracks
1. Luckie
2. Lu
3. Sweet Blindness
4. Poverty Train
5. Lonely Women
6. Eli's Comin'
7. Timer
8. Stoned Soul Picnic
9. Emmie
10. Woman's Blues
11. Once It Was Alright Now (Farmer Joe)
12. December's Boudoir
13. Confession



Amanda: I was bad yesterday. I genuinely forgot to do an album last night.  What will our zero faithful readers do?!?!


Laura Nyro is certainly different.  Prepare to be amazed at her voice; she is as unique as Nico.  It is hard to describe her voice; it goes from extreme highs to extreme lows.  I thought from the album cover that she was going to be really depressing but she is actually really cheerful.  I loved this album.  I have said this before, but I enjoy unique voices.  She was fun and different.  Who could ask for anything more??


RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. A very solid five stars for me as well. This is very adventurous singing and songwriting, you never know where she's going next. There are several brilliant songs on this, "Timer" among them. I like the production too, with some tracks such as "Woman's Blues" featuring a horn section. I want to hear more of her music.

    ReplyDelete