Tuesday, January 17, 2012

113. Electric Ladyland

Electric Ladyland
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
1968

Tracks
1. ...And The Gods Made Love
2. Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)
3. Crosstown Traffic
4. Voodoo Chile
5. Little Miss Strange
6. Long Hot Summer Night
7. Come On (Let The Good Times Roll)
8. Gypsy Eyes
9. Burning of the Midnight Lamp
10. Rainy Day Dream Away
11. 1983 (A Merman I Should Turn to Be)
12. Moon Turn the Tides...Gently Gently Away
13. Still Raining, Still Dreaming
14. House Burning Down
15. All Along the Watchtower
16. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)



Amanda: I am writing this review in the wee hours of the night (9:25) after a tiring but fun Thanksgiving.  I am pretty sure Brie is on 83 right now so this probably won't get published until April but HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  My family has a tradition of dancing on Thanksgiving. Brie knows from high school that I cannot dance (we are talking private lessons apart from the rest of the students in order to try to correct the chemical imbalance that causes me to not be able to spin like a human being).  Thankfully, I was able to hide in the kitchen with a glass of champagne and my cousin.  See, I am grateful.


Now to Jimi Hendrix.  My aunt and I had a discussion about him today (she saw The Kinks in concert by the way).  We think he is totally overrated.  I am not saying he is awful or boring; in fact, this album was quite entertaining.  I liked "Little Miss Strange".  He just wasn't amazing enough to be anyone's god.  This is our last Hendrix album because of his early death.  I am having trouble being impressed by "music gods" because they have built up so much.

RATING: 4/5




1 comment:

  1. I found a lot of this album rambling and unfocused. Voodoo Chile/Child bored me. I think Hendrix could have benefited from having a producer, but people seem to love this so what do I know. "1983" by far the best thing on here, along with the two famous singles.

    ReplyDelete