Monday, January 16, 2012

108. Traffic

Traffic
Traffic
1968

Tracks
1. You Can All Join In
2. Pearly Queen
3. Don't Be Sad
4. Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring
5. Feelin' Alright
6. Vagabond Virgin
7. (Roamin' Thru The Gloamin' With) 40 000 Headmen
8. Crying To Be Heard
9. No Time To Live
10. Means To An End



Amanda: Well, that was amazing!


I did not expect such a wonderful album to come from such an obscure band.  I had also read that they were trying really hard to be like the greats of their age (Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Stones, etc.).  I expected this to be a compilation of poor imitations (Monkees, anyone?).  However, this album was brilliant; each song was catchy and rather deep.  Usually, lengthy guitar solos aggravate me, but each one worked in this album.  Listen to it; I can't explain the true beauty of this strange band.


RATING: 5/5



1 comment:

  1. No need for the skip button, this album is enjoyable all the way through. Terrific songwriting and playing - largely Winwood overdubs apparently, but it works. I like that they had a full-time sax and flute player too.

    ReplyDelete