Sunday, January 15, 2012

107. Beggars Banquet

Beggars Banquet
The Rolling Stones
1968(!!!)

Tracks
1. Sympathy For The Devil
2. No Expectations
3. Dear Doctor
4. Parachute Woman
5. Jigsaw Puzzle
6. Street Fighting Man
7. Prodigal Son
8. Stray Cat Blues
9. Factory Girl
10. Salt Of The Earth



Amanda: I am sitting at my desk, eating spinach balls (so delicious!) and waiting for a pizza to arrive.  Yes, I am living the high life.


The problem last time with the Rolling Stones was that I came in with extremely high expectations and I ended up being disappointed.  This time, I had no expectations and I benefited from it.  This album was actually pretty good; I can at least understand why they have any fans.  The album starts with "Sympathy for the Devil" which is a really crazy drum song.  "Prodigal Songs" is really country/bluesy and the other tracks had a Bob Dylan vibe.  This is very interesting because the Stones shake it up a lot. Good job, guys.


RATING: 4/5


Family Guy called this the gayest music video ever (it features Mick Jagger and David Bowie):



1 comment:

  1. "Jigsaw Puzzle" was a pleasant surprise, I thought I had heard all the great Stones songs. It's epic. Using great session players instead of trying to overdub it themselves made them a better band, e.g. Nicky Hopkins on piano was a big part of their sound.

    ReplyDelete