Monday, January 16, 2012

110. The Village Green Preservation Society

The Village Green Preservation Society
The Kinks
1968

Tracks
1. The Village Green Preservation Society
2. Do You Remember Walter
3. Picture Book
4. Johnny Thunder
5. Last Of The Steam Powered Trains
6. Big Sky
7. Sitting By The Riverside
8. Animal Farm
9. Village Green
10. Starstruck
11. Phenomenal Cat
12. All Of My Friends Were There
13. Wicked Annabella

14. Monica
15. People Take Pictures Of Each Other



Amanda: Truth be told, I had to force myself to do an album today.  This is nothing personal against The Kinks; I love The Kinks (my best friend is a Kink!).  I just am messed up with my schedule after going to a doctor's appointment.  Now, now.  I can't spend the entire post telling you the fascinating details of my life.  On to the review!


This is a great album and that is pretty much the universal opinion.  They have a very Beatles-y vibe which is always a surefire way to success.  The Kinks have really hit their stride but vocally and instrumentally (that is a word!; look it up!).  The book is in love with The Kinks and I can't go against The Word so...


RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. The songs are very good to great all the way through, and all written by Ray Davies. It's a rare achievement and great album. On the other hand, Davies produced this one himself and the sound isn't as adventurous and edgy as on Something Else. The bonus B-side "Berkeley Mews" is edgier.

    ReplyDelete