Wednesday, January 11, 2012

99. I'm a Lonesome Fugitive

I'm a Lonesome Fugitive
Merle Haggard
1967

Tracks
1. I'm A Lonesome Fugitive
2. All Of Me Belongs To You
3. House Of Memories
4. Life In A Prison
5. Whatever Happened To Me
6. Drink Up And Be Somebody
7. Someone Told My Story
8. If You Want To Be My Woman
9. Mary's Mine
10. Skid Row
11. My Rough And Rowdy Ways
12. Mixed Up Mess Of A Heart



Amanda: This album is really just a throwback to the Louvin Brothers!  I hate the Louvin Brothers.


So what's with all the country albums being about gruesome murders?  Murders without motive to boot.  Why would anyone want to date these men when they are singing about killing girls they love? Merle Haggard already had a record; if I was a police officer, I would consider this a confession.


Ordinary country music with ordinary lyrics.  In other words, upsetting and obnoxious.


RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. For country music, you get a good helping of piano and guitar besides the expected steel guitar. His band is really good. "If You Want To Be My Woman" seems more like a pop tune. The songs are solid throughout. Good album. Could have used some fiddle.

    ReplyDelete