Wednesday, January 25, 2012

159. Cloud Nine

Cloud Nine
The Temptations
1969

Tracks
1. Cloud 9
2. I Heard It Through The Grapevine
3. Runaway Child Running Wild
4. Love Is A Hurtin' Thing
5. Hey Girl (I Like Your Style)
6. Why Did She Have To Leave Me (Why Did She Have To Go)
7. I Need Your Lovin'
8. Don't Let Him Take Your Love From Me
9. I Gotta Find A Way (To Get You Back)
10. Gonna Keep On Tryin' Till I Win Your Love



Amanda: I think I said this earlier but I am going to reiterate.  Although I like learning about new bands, it is nice to see some familiar faces.  I grew up with The Temptations; the song "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" in particular.  This album was actually a lot funkier that what I was used to; at least, the first two tracks were.  I loved "Cloud Nine" and loved the band for doing something different.  I think it was interesting that they were transitioning into more funk, since we are going into the 70s which, as everyone knows, is clearly the funkiest decade.  I am getting excited!

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I found Side 2 generic and dull, nothing special about the songs nor their new lead singer. A couple of the singers are interesting, but I found the switching jarring, especially the falsetto. "Cloud Nine" and "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" are pretty good on side 1. "Runaway Child" seems a bit like theme music for a blaxploitation flick, though the playing and arrangements are good.

    ReplyDelete