Wednesday, January 25, 2012

144. Abbey Road

Abbey Road
The Beatles
1969

Tracks
1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer
4. Oh! Darling
5. Octopus's Garden
6. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
7. Here Comes the Sun
8. Because
9. You Never Give Me Your Money
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr. Mustard
12. Polythene Pam
13. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. End
17. Her Majesty



Amanda: My family has always been fans of this album, even though it is often overlooked as far as Beatles albums go.  My parents tried to walk across Abbey Road when they lived in London and almost got killed in a car crash.  I bet it was worth it.


The last Beatles album on the list.  Of course, we will see their solo work later on (except for poor Ringo).  What an amazing band.  They really just found music that could appeal to everyone.  Even if you are not a Beatlehead like yours truly, I think you can still admire them for their huge influence on music.  My boys will be missed.


I think all Beatles albums are great so perhaps Brie will give a better review of this album.  "Here Comes the Sun" is a song that will never fail to make me smile and I think the song "Her Majesty" is deliciously British.  They may have been breaking up but they are still cohesive and catchy.  Check it out!

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Their playing together is smooth and seamless, I never get tired of hearing this. High points for me are the great basslines and the gorgeous backing vocals especially on "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window". Lately regarded by many as The Beatles' best album, people are kind of fickle about that. For me it's always been this and Sgt. Pepper (though Rubber Soul is also a lot of fun).

    ReplyDelete