Tuesday, January 17, 2012

114. The Songs of Leonard Cohen

The Songs of Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen
1968

Tracks
1. Suzanne
2. Master Song
3. Winter Lady
4. Stranger Song
5. Sisters Of Mercy
6. So Long Marianne
7. Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye
8. Stories Of The Street
9. Teachers
10. One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong



Amanda: My grandfather died last night.  I figured music would make me feel better.  This album was uber depressing though so the whole plan kind of backfired.


Leonard Cohen (aka Dustin Hoffman) has a nice voice and sings optimistic lyrics.  However, today is an awful day for me to judge music.  It sucked because everything kind of sucks right now.  Maybe I will come back to this later...


RATING: 0/5

1 comment:

  1. I like Cohen's voice, it's interesting and authentic. The speaking/singing hybrid feels right for the tone of the poetry. "Suzanne" is such moving and melancholy verse that pure singing would seem wrong; only Joan Baez sounds good to me among the covers I've heard.

    ReplyDelete