Tuesday, January 17, 2012

112. Os Mutantes

Os Mutantes
Os Mutantes
1968

Tracks
1. Panis Et Circensis
2. A Minha Menina
3. O Relogio
4. Adeus Maria Fulo
5. Baby
6. Senhor F
7. Bat Macumba
8. Le Premier Bonheur Du Jour
9. Trem Fantasma
10. Tempo Perdido (Once Was A Time I Thought)
11. Ave Genghis Khan



Amanda: The relatives are trickling in from all sides so I am squeezing this album in between activities.  I have already eaten too much, ignored all my work, and gotten in one or two tiffs.  I can't get over how cliche I am...


This is a Brazilian album that is completely in Portuguese.  This makes it a little tough to listen to because I have absolutely no idea what they are saying.  I think poetic lyrics are what really makes me love music so this was a little disappointing (my whining really has no merit; I could just look up the lyrics).  I listen to a lot of French songs (I am particularly obsessed with "Prince Charmant" at the moment) but at least I can understand a few bits and pieces.  Other than my obvious American ethnocentrism, it is a really enjoyable album.  These guys don't take them selves too seriously and they just want to have fun.


RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I can spot some of the songs they used as inspiration, but that adds to the fun. I think they are still original and inventive. You never know what's coming next. It's a great album but could have been recorded better, can sound abrasive at times.

    ReplyDelete