Thursday, January 19, 2012

122. Gris Gris

Gris Gris
Dr. John and the Nighttripper
1968

Tracks
1. Gris Gris Gumbo Ya Ya
2. Danse Kalinda Ba Doom
3. Mama Roux
4. Danse Fambeaux
5. Croker Courtbullion
6. Jump Sturdy
7. Walk On Gilded Splinters



Amanda: All right, this is getting ridiculous.  I am on album number 122 and right now Brie just published 86.  I really need to start bothering her about this.  Best guess: Brie is reading this July of 2012.


So this is one of those really weird albums that is just a mess of crazy sounds and psychedelia.  I have always wanted to go to New Orleans; it sounds awesome (though it also sounds pretty scary in this album).  There is crazy voodoo and noises and in truth, I just wanted it to end.  It was just...messy.


RATING: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. This is like a festival of strange and interesting sounds, but they're cohesive. Very compelling. The rhythms are hypnotic. I want to hear this again.

    ReplyDelete