Thursday, January 19, 2012

125. Bookends

Bookends
Simon and Garfunkel
1968

Tracks
1. Bookends Theme
2. Save The Life Of My Child
3. America
4. Overs
5. Voice Of Old People
6. Old Friends
7. Fakin' It
8. Punky's Dilemma
9. Mrs. Robinson
10. Hazy Shade Of Winter
11. At The Zoo



Amanda: I listened to "Mrs. Robinson" almost every day a couple of years ago when I was in the car.  Whenever you listen to it, you feel like you are going somewhere extremely important.  I was really excited to see the song in this album.  Brie, have you seen The Graduate?  It is a great movie and an even greater song.


This is a really sophisticated album.  You can tell from the serious album cover that it is a bit pretentious.  However, everyone can join in the pretentiousness when you listen to this album so it is a lot of fun.  I just kept clearing my throat a lot and saying "quite!".  I didn't fall in love with any particular new song, though.  Still, lots of fun and good quality.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I give them credit for daring to try new sounds, like the psychedelia on "Save the Life of My Child" and the baroque strings on "Old Friends". I can forgive the one spoken track (skip it). "America" is great and so is all of side 2. Their best and edgiest album.

    ReplyDelete