Thursday, January 26, 2012

163. Unhalfbricking

Unhalfbricking
The Fairport Convention
1969

Tracks
1. Genesis Hall
2. Si Tu Dois Partir
3. Autopsy
4. A Sailor's Life
5. Cajun Woman
6. Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
7. Percy's Song
8. Million Dollar Bash



Amanda: Could it be?  Are my posts actually going to be current?  This is amazing!!  I am sorry if I overwhelmed readers with new posts (do you get an alert or something?) but I finally decided to hell with it and just posted them all.  Also, since I have no idea when Brie will add to this post, I am going to try to make mine longer so you don't just read a couple sentences, which I know would just kill you.


I have been really bad about my one album a day rule and I am blaming The Fairport Convention.  I just did not get into them and they caused me to procrastinate.  This band felt like a less cool version of the Pentangle.  The band had the same lilting female voice but the songs weren't as good.  They were also way too long.  Overall, it was a rather bleak experience.


RATING: 2/5





1 comment:

  1. Folk songs done with electric instruments, best of both worlds. "Percy's Song" is an outtake from one of Dylan's early albums. Fairport Convention make it their own, it's like a whole new song.

    ReplyDelete