Monday, January 30, 2012

166. Live/Dead

Live/Dead
The Grateful Dead
1969

Tracks
1. Dark Star
2. Saint Stephen
3. Eleven
4. Turn On Your Love Light
5. Death Don't Have No Mercy
6. Feedback 
7. And We Bid You Goodnight



Amanda: This is a band that has actually come up in a couple conversations that I have been a part of.  I have had to plead ignorance amid some death glares, believe me.  Anyway, I finally get it.  However, I hate them so I might be held in even more disdain now.  It really is a Catch 22.


In the movie, When Harry Met Sally (I have a related point in this; I promise), Harry thinks he is really deep because he spends hours a day thinking about death.  I feel like the band Grateful Dead is like that.  They think because they sing and think about death all the time that they are better than other people.  Um, no that just means you are wasting your life.  The whole thing annoyed me.  Very self indulgent and obnoxious.

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. The first half of "Dark Star" is pretty good, excellent guitar and jazzy bass. But the improv on the second half didn't hold my interest, nor the rest of the album. Miles Davis could pull off a 20 minute track but these guys aren't in that category.

    ReplyDelete