Monday, January 23, 2012

132. Astral Weeks

Astral Weeks
Van Morrison
1968

Tracks
1. Astral Weeks
2. Beside You
3. Sweet Thing 
4. Cyprus Avenue
5. The Way Young Lovers Do 
6. Madame George
7. Ballerina
8. Slim Slow Rider



Amanda: In eighth grade, I was part of the morning news show (though I always refused to be an anchor even though it was a performing arts class).  We had to come into school early every day and play a video that would loop until the announcements started.  The video that I had to play for about four months was a montage of photos set to "Brown Eyed Girl".  I played this everyday for about a hour for four months.  I hate that song with every inch of my being.  I did not have high hopes going into this album.


Now, I didn't hate this album though it didn't impress me much.  All the songs sounded exactly alike and it was hard to understand what he was talking about.  I still don't know what "Astral Weeks" mean.  Not great but not obnoxious.

RATING: 2/5


1 comment:

  1. He's floating along in the heavens (possibly for weeks), waiting to be reborn and he's asking if he and his one true love will find each other again - in another time/place/face. It's the folk music equivalent of a chick flick.

    ReplyDelete