Wednesday, January 25, 2012

158. Kick Out The Jams

Kick Out The Jams
MC5
1969

Tracks
1. Ramblin' Rose
2. Kick Out The Jams
3. Come Together
4. Rocket Reducer No 62
5. Borderline
6. Motor City Is Burning
7. I Want You Right Now
8. Starship



Amanda : I was a total buzz kill with this album.  It was fun, loud, and crazy; it was the birth of punk.  So I, of course, just wished it would stop so I could put in some Frank Sinatra.  I am just wild and rowdy like that.  I can only imagine how shocking this album was in 1969 if I found it to be a bit too much in 2012.  If you are totally into loud, obnoxious music you might find it enjoyable, but I thought it was too much.  Side note: as you may have guessed, I was really cool in high school.

RATING: 2/5 

1 comment:

  1. For me this doesn't start sounding like music until the end of side 2. "Rocket Reducer" and "Borderline" do sound like punk or a start to it, but not as interesting as the British punk that would follow. And "I Want You Right Now" is quite good. Then the final track is back to noise instead of music. I'd say this is about half a good album.

    ReplyDelete