Monday, October 12, 2020

868. This is Hardcore

This is Hardcore
Pulp
1998




Tracks
1. The Fear
2. Dishes
3. Party Hard
4. Help The Aged
5. This Is Hardcore
6. TV Movie
7. A Little Soul
8. I'm A Man
9. Seductive Barry
10. Sylvia
11. Glory Days
12. The Day After The Revolution

I actually listened to this album a couple days ago, but was all album-posted out. I usually like to write my post ASAP after listening to the entry so everything is fresh in my mind. But this one is a little stale.

I still liked it, I liked the grunge aspect of it, which we've kind of moved away from lately. I didn't quite enjoy this as much as the previous Pulp album on the List, as this felt less accessible. The tracks were longer and it felt like they were more desperate to prove their edginess here. Still, Jarvis Cocker remains a very sexy vocalist.

Not terrible by any means, but I was expecting something better.

RATING: 3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment