Friday, October 30, 2020

992. Desperate Youths, Blood Thirsty Babes

Desperate Youths, Blood Thirsty Babes
TV on the Radio
2004

















Tracks
1. The Wrong Way
2. Staring At The Sun
3. Dreams
4. King Eternal
5. Ambulance
6. Poppy
7. Don't Love You
8. Bomb Yourself
9. Wear You Out


We are in the home stretch with this List! Looking ahead, there are no other albums that officially repulse me off the title or artist alone, so this might be an enjoyable farewell tour.

Based on the title of this album, I was expecting something dark and metal-y. Fortunately, I was only correct about the former. TV on the Radio blends electronica with something indefinable. Naturally, it's the something indefinable I am more interested in, as I am not the biggest electronica fan. I really liked the vocals, which fit the mood of the album perfectly, along with the minimalist lyrics. 

If I had to compare this band's sound to something we've had before, it might be Pere Ubu, but that might be a stretch and I enjoyed this a lot better.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment