Tuesday, October 20, 2020

911. All That You Can't Leave Behind

All That You Can't Leave Behind
U2
2000





Tracks
1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
3. Elevation
4. Walk On
5. Kite
6. In A Little While
7. Wild Honey
8. Peace On Earth
9. When I Look At The World
10. New York
11. Grace
12. The Ground Beneath Her Feet

I think a lot of people complain that this album has been overplayed, particularly the song "Beautiful Day." But for some reason I have been able to avoid overexposure to this album. Which I think is admirable, because U2 will chase you down and will add themselves to your playlists if you're not careful.

The overall U2 vibe bothers me, I have always found them to possess a holier than thou attitude. Still, they have some really catchy songs on here. Also, you know any album produced by Brian Eno is going to have outstanding production value.

I think U2 is probably the perfect concert band. These songs don't do much for me when they are on in the background of my apartment, but I imagine they would feel pretty epic in a stadium setting. Remember stadium settings?

RATING: 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment