Monday, October 26, 2020

961. Your New Favourite Band

Your New Favourite Band
The Hives
2002




















Tracks
1. Hate To Say I Told You So
2. Main Offender
3. Supply And Demand
4. Die, All Right!
5. Untutored Youth
6. Outsmarted
7. Mad Man
8. Here We Go Again
9. A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T
10. Automatic Schmuck
11. Hail Hail Spit N' Drool
12. The Hives Are The Law, You Are Crime

I find it impressive when albums can do so much in short time. I am much more accustomed to long and meandering albums that don't know when to bow out gracefully.

The Hives are a Swedish rock group, and let's just say I haven't been blown away by any Swedish songwriters so far. But each track has an excellent hook, and it's really leaves you wanting more.

I was tempted to dislike this album based on the title alone, but damn, they read me like a book.

RATING: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment