Monday, October 26, 2020

958. Sea Change

Sea Change
Beck
2002

















Tracks
1. The Golden Age
2. Paper Tiger
3. Guess I'm Doing Fine
4. Lonesome Tears
5. Lost Cause
6. End Of The Day
7. It's All In Your Mind
8. Round The Bend
9. Already Dead
10. Sunday Sun
11. Little One
12. Side Of The Road

One of the down sides of the List is that artists you thought were so original are merely imitating somebody else, who was probably imitating somebody else. Such is the case with Beck, who I now realize is trying to be Nick Drake. 

For the most part, I like Nick Drake though, so I'm fine with it. It's a pretty mopey album, but it's a dreary Monday in November, so I'm fine with the aesthetic. It's not as good as his clear influences, but he's still talented.

Add this to the pile of fair to decent albums we've had lately.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment