Sunday, October 25, 2020

948. Come Away With Me

Come Away With Me
Norah Jones
2002











Tracks
1. Don't Know Why
2. Seven Years
3. Cold Cold Heart
4. Feelin' The Same Way
5. Come Away With Me
6. Shoot The Moon
7. Turn Me On
8. Lonestar
9. I've Got To See You Again
10. Painter Song
11. One Flight Down
12. Nightingale
13. The Long Day Is Over
14. The Nearness Of You

I had never heard of Norah Jones before, so I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I turned on this album. I was pleasantly surprised to hear some really pleasing pop music, although the songs were pretty hit or miss.

In the hits column, we have "Feelin' The Same Way" and "The Nearness of You." The misses weren't quite so bad, they just passed by without leaving much of an impression. 

I think a lot of female singers have imitated this in the intervening years, with not as good results. So maybe not essential listening but enjoyable nonetheless.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment