Monday, October 19, 2020

904. The Virgin Suicides

The Virgin Suicides
Air
2000




Tracks
1. Playground Love (With Gordon Tracks)
2. Clouds Up
3. Bathroom Girl
4. Cemetary Party
5. Dark Messages
6. The Word Hurricane
7. Dirty Trip
8. Highschool Lover
9. Afternoon Sister
10. Ghost Song
11. Empty House
12. Dead Bodies
13. Suicide Underground

I have never seen the movie The Virgin Suicides, but I did read the book when I was going through my Jeffrey Eugenides phase. Middlesex rules. As can be surmised by the title, it's a relentlessly depressing story, so this score suits it well.

Of course, that doesn't mean I want to listen to it. I'm not a big fan of ambient music in general, and casting it in such a gloomy light doesn't help. 

I guess if you are an uber fan of the movie, you'll enjoy this. Otherwise, it's fairly skippable.

RATING: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment