Tuesday, October 27, 2020

963. Frank

Frank
Amy Winehouse
2003

















Tracks
1. Intro / Stronger Than Me
2. You Sent Me Flying / Cherry
3. Know You Now
4. Fuck Me Pumps
5. I Heard Love Is Blind
6. Moody's Mood For Love / Teo Licks
7. (There Is) No Greater Love
8. In My Bed
9. Take The Box
10. October Song
11. What Is It About Men
12. Help Yourself
13. Amy Amy Amy / Outro

Poor Amy. Her ending was inevitable, but her talent was immeasurable. "Back to Black" is still one of my favorite songs, and I could listen to her voice all day.

I guess this was before she went off the rails completely, and so you can admire her brashness and humor, with less dramatic irony. That being said, I did enjoy the Back to Black album more. These songs are elevated because of Amy's voice, and I'm not sure how great they would be without it. 

But the range and emotion of her voice is so fascinating that it makes ho hum songs incredible.

RATING: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment