Thursday, October 29, 2020

982. Funeral

Funeral
Arcade Fire
2004
















Tracks
1. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
2. Neighborhood #2 (Laïka)
3. Une Année Sans Lumiere
4. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
5. Neighborhood #4 (Kettles)
6. Crown Of Love
7. Wake Up
8. Haiti
9. Rebellion (Lies)
10. In The Backseat

I don't mean to jinx us, but I think the last twenty or so albums on this List are going to be really good. We got Nick Cave coming up, more Rufus Wainwright, the White Stripes, and Kings of Leon. I have high hopes that the List is going to end on a high note.

This was an excellent album that's brilliance sinks in immediately, although I wasn't entirely sure why. I just knew instantly I was listening to something special. It was fascinating trying to puzzle out the lyrics, and the melodies were really beautiful.

So a thoughtful album that is over much too soon. 

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment