Saturday, October 24, 2020

937. Le Revancha Del Tango

Le Revancha Del Tango
Gotan Project
2001










Tracks
1. Queremos Paz
2. Epoca
3. Chunga's Revenge
4. Triptico
5. Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)
6. Una Musica Brutal
7. El Capitalismo Foraneo
8. Last Tango In Paris
9. La Del Ruso
10. Vuelvo Al Sur

I guess outside of the US this is a vastly overplayed album, but as an American I haven't heard It much. So while others' annoyance with it will come from hearing it a zillion times, my irritation comes from hearing it once.

I have resigned myself to my fate of having to listen to hundreds of electronica albums, but I found the instrumentals on this one particularly grating. I guess it might be interesting to some people to see Gotan Project drag tango kicking and screaming into the 21st century, but it wasn't to me.

Skippable.

RATING: 2/5



No comments:

Post a Comment