Monday, October 26, 2020

957. Phrenology

Phrenology
The Roots
2002










Tracks
1. Phrentrow
2. Rock You
3. !!!!!!!
4. Sacrifice
5. Rolling With Heat
6. Waok (Ay) Rollcall
7. Thought @ Work
8. The Seed (2.0)
9. Break You Off
10. Water The First Movement/ Water The Abyss/ Water The Drowning
11. Quills
12. Pussy Galore
13. Complexity
14. Something In The Way Of Things (In Town)

After Missy Elliott dared to be different, we are back to the same old, same old with our hip hop music. Well, maybe that is not completely fair, as they are trying to blend some genres here. But songs like "Pussy Galore" are pretty boring at this point.

The Roots attempt to pull in some rock and ambient influences. I enjoyed the more rock centric tracks, but I don't think the ambient songs really worked. Of course, this may just be because I don't like ambient music in general, but I thought "Water" was pretty dull.

In the end, an uneven album that I didn't hate listening to. I'll take it.

RATING: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment