Tuesday, October 20, 2020

910. Kid A

Kid A
Radiohead
2000


















Tracks
1. Everything In Its Right Place
2. Kid A
3. National Anthem
4. How To Disappear Completely
5. Treefingers
6. Optimistic
7. In Limbo
8. Idioteque
9. Morning Bell
10. Motion Picture Soundtrack


Radiohead is officially feeling themselves, and I guess that means moving away from commercial friendly, accessible tracks. Instead, they give us something much more cerebral and oh joy, even more electronica.

This is still really good despite not being my favorite style of music. Yes, they can be a little full of themselves, but at least they are justified. This album is full of great songs that really seem to build to something. I still prefer The Bends, but I enjoyed this more than OK Computer.

I'm pleased we still have a couple more Radiohead albums to go.  I am curious to see where they go from here.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment